AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about Trimble vs green star.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Aggie Farmer
Posted 3/18/2020 07:03 (#8114902)
Subject: Questions about Trimble vs green star.

Grandview, TX
I’ve got an 8420 deere with a Trimble 750 and Trimble autopilot that’s unlocked to centerpoint RTX.
Main reason why I have RTX is because I plant cotton with a 12 row planter and harvest with an 8 row stripper. I’m happy with this setup and it’s very accurate and repeatable, especially if I get into a replant situation.

Last winter I bought another 12 row planter and would like to pull it as well behind a 6175r deere. The deere has a 3000 receiver and the smaller built in display. I spoke with deere and there gps guru said that he couldn’t guarantee me the accuracy of the rtx I currently have without swapping to a 6000 receiver and new monitor.

Is he blowing smoke and trying to needlessly up sell? To me that doesn’t sound right because my 6175 is fully integrated with a steering valve, etc... where as my 8420 uses a motor on the column to steer. I’m not shooting for sub inch accuracy, just 1-2”. This is the first piece of equipment we’ve had with greenstar, so this is a learning experience.

Edited by Aggie Farmer 3/18/2020 07:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)