AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about Trimble vs green star.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 3/18/2020 07:36 (#8114979 - in reply to #8114902)
Subject: RE: Questions about Trimble vs green star.

East Central, Nebraska
which steering device you have on which tractor has very little to do with accuracy. the steering device may depend on how well the tractor performs in acquiring and keeping a line which many may presume to have to do with accuracy but really does not. as far as the green guy vs. the trimble guy. the highest level of accuracy is rtk on any platform. then there are satellite services below that then the lowest being non corrective free service of waas. for trimble rtx can be purchased on different levels, I have no idea what the level of rtx service you are using, rangepoint being the lowest and then centerpoint fast being the highest. I would assume your on centerpoint fast by what you describe, which is a pretty decent service. as for your john deere guy, though you may think he is deceitful he likely is just being honest. most trimble/cnh guys try to pass rtx off as being the same as rtk though it is not just because it is simple for them, I have always felt like that is not very honest. what the deere guy is likely referring to since you requested a satellite based service like your currently using, would be SF2 on the 3000 vs. SF3 which is only available on the 6000. SF3 is a better performance product. now if its worth upgrading to the 6000 or not can really only be decided by you. if you want a true repeatable accuracy across any platform rtk is the way to go, but with that said I would think if your currently happy with rtx, sf3 would make you equally as happy. as for guaranteed repeatable accuracy year to year similar to rtk, it is not a reality with both services.
-----
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)