AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6.0 powerstroke vs local diesel shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmboy93
Posted 5/22/2019 14:00 (#7513187)
Subject: 6.0 powerstroke vs local diesel shop

SC IL
front main seal went out on my 2006 f250. Took it to local shop, replaced seal, all thought to be good. Was servicing it myself a few weeks ago, noticed oil leak again by front main, and it was leaking. Took it back to him, and he made it good. So looked again the other day, it’s now leaking again. So I told him to use new motor craft seal this time me and now metal piece that seal sits in, was using fel pro, said no problem will take care of it. Ever since he replaced the seal a second time, I noticed an “extra whistle” garret powermax 1 for a turbo. Didn’t think much of it, took back to him, he found a loose clamp on air filter box ductwork, whistle still there. Accepted it for the whistle, not worrying about it. Looking at engine other day, found filter minder not in box and grommet that minder sits in missing. Took truck back in for motor craft oil seal to be installed, found now that the grommet went into the turbo and you can see the melted rubber pieces above the fins in housing, and the fins are all tore up. I myself checked shaft play, seems good. I think it’ll be ok if intake wheel and housing just get replaced. But I’m concerned with the metal fins that the engine ate, and having to replace engine if problems escalate further. Thinking that a write up of rubber grommet incident should be good enough for proof down the road if something happens. Am I missing anything? They are going to cover intake wheel and housing, seemed to be willing to work with me, which they should be. When mechanic was putting filter minder back in airbox, it pushed grommet through, and history from there.

(58D40E2D-B98F-4526-9829-4C8D3FE42E2D (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 58D40E2D-B98F-4526-9829-4C8D3FE42E2D (full).jpeg (174KB - 28 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)