AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble fault 182 on JD8335RT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Delta_Grow
Posted 3/21/2019 09:01 (#7392885)
Subject: Trimble fault 182 on JD8335RT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Belzoni, Mississippi
Good morning:

I have installed a Trimble fmx with NAV II on a 2011 JD8335RT sn/1RW8335RCBP905661 and I am getting a fault 182. Says "the vehicle is not guidance over CAN ready." I have been in contact with Trimble and John Deere tech support. Using profile JDAT8000R Tracked CAN. In my autopilot diagnostics can data. I have 0s in every block. the John Deere security is showing a "1" unauthorized-- I have can cable plugged in P4. The things i have done are:
1) updated firmware in fmx 10.13 and NAVII 13.5. serial numbers start with 5.

2)Swapped entire Trimble system to another display, a brand new NAVIII with all new harness and CAN cable

3)Called Stellar support and got two different activation codes for third party GPS (komar)

4)Updated all software including the CLC on the john deere to latest versions. John Deere tech came out to the field yesterday. Called stellar support again to give
another activation code after tractor was updated. Still faults

5)checked implement can system on john deere. checked ohms in the can system. removed passive and active terminators checked resistance. less than one ohm. wires are good.

6)replaced terminator in upper left corner of cab and replaced iso plug at the rear of tractor.

7)John Deere Tech installed a greenstar system and it worked fine.

8)checked CAN voltage at connector by side window that i plug into my harness. 2.4 and 2.4 volts on can high and low.

9)Have tried installing an interface box (for 30 series and early R series style) and plugging directly into steering motor and use a non can profile. JD8x45RT profile. and have tried all the other track profiles too. when box is installed, Tractor is faulting for a steering system and i have to turn the tractor off to reset the alarms.

10) Tried an interface box off of a JD 20 series, got it to turn the machine just enough during steering calibration to throw a tractor fault, steering system fault on command center.

11) have cleaned and checked all grounds on entire machine.

I am literally out of all ideas to make it work. Trimble support has never had this problem. All of their record show this fault solution being software related. Well, not in my case. The farmer has a wheel tractor 8335R and it works fine. Not sure what to do next. . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)