AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700 Implement Offsets For Sets of Guidance Lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nlegler
Posted 3/17/2019 16:32 (#7385760)
Subject: Pro700 Implement Offsets For Sets of Guidance Lines

NC Iowa

I have a Magnum 340 that I use in the fall for strip tilling and in the spring for planting.  To make life simple my plan is to take just the tractor out to each field this spring and go around making all of my guidance lines (curves for end rows, point rows and than my straight pass) for both the planter and strip till rigs. That way if I am occupied and someone else takes over (and to also make it easier on me) they can simply pull up the proper guidance lines for that field and on their way they go.

My planter is a 24 Row 30" (60')
MY strip till rig is 12 Row 30" (30')

One thing I am a bit confused on is what offsets should I have for each one. I know that the tractor overall width is 144" (outside rear dual to outside rear dual). I also know that on the planter from the last row unit I need to stay at least an additional 17" away from fence lines, power poles, field boundaries to make sure I don't hit anything with the planters row markers. So I'd have to also take that into consideration with the strip till rig.

I'll be driving so I'm looking out the left side going clockwise around each field and will be hugging right next to the fence rows, boundary etc with the outside of my dual. From my understanding I'll be having to do this twice to represent each implement which is no big deal as I'll just follow the same tracks the 2nd time.

1. What would be the proper implement offsets I would put when doing this for each one to make sure when I pull back in with each implement it is correct? 
  2. Anything else that I will need to do with the Pro700 to properly accomplish this?
  3. Next fall I want to have a second set of guidance lines for the strip till rig since I shift 15" over. Can I just do a remark set to 15" and record a new line while the tractor is doing it's thing?

Edited by nlegler 3/17/2019 16:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)