AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Age vs Truck vs Pulling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Saskyfarmer
Posted 3/6/2019 09:00 (#7362432)
Subject: Age vs Truck vs Pulling

East Central Saskatchewan
I wasn't sure what to name this thread, so I guess it kind of describes the basics. I'm going to look at a 2001 Chevy 2500HD with a 6.0L today for a farm truck. Now the thing that's what got me thinking is if I really need this much truck to use. I only use my farm truck I have now (2002 GMC 1500) or mostly driving and chores, in the summer I do pull an odd trailer here and there, but nothing more then a side by side or load of square bales, which the truck handles fine. But now the truck I got is burning quite a bit of oil, and I am thinking I'm going to need a back up.Anyways, a couple months back I bought a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3, tow package, etc. And now for the actual question, will the 16' out pull the 01 2500' when I need to pull equiptment? I know trucks have come a long way in the last 15 years, so I would have to say that they ought to be similar. Really although my other options in my case if I dont buy the 01 2500' are-

1. Not buy the 2500, Drop a new engine into the 02' I got now. Doesn't seem to me that doing that really pencils out though since the engine would cost more then the trucks worth.

2. Not buy the 2500, and keep looking for a nice 1500.

I think I'm going to only consider the 2500 if it is very nice, because I think it's really more then I need, and it's going to cost more to drive, and I would be wasting a lot more fuel and money for no reason.

Thanks everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)