AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4630 Quad Range Pto/clutch issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 2/14/2019 21:23 (#7321533)
Subject: 4630 Quad Range Pto/clutch issue

SE MT
Hey all,

So the latest 4630 in the fleet ('77 Quad range) decided to have a break down a couple days back- Was running our bale processor and the PTO lever popped out (brother driving). He said he re-engaged it, went a little bit, and then popped out again. This time though, he went to stop and said the clutch pedal went to the floor and would not disengage the trans. He killed the engine, put it in neutral, re-started, and he said it ran/drove normal all the way back to the shop. Even backed it in with no problem, clutch still engaging/feathering like it should. I have not tried the PTO since.

So I know that there's an issue on these tractors with the aluminum lever bending on the Clutch/PTO valve assy that will keep the PTO from staying engaged, but were I'm confused is why the clutch decided to go haywire at the same time, and now is showing no issues. Don't know if my brothers story is made up, or if that's what really happened.

So I plan to remove the pto/clutch valve and see what's up, thought I'd run it by all of you before I got going to see if there were some suggestions. I may check PTO pressures first. Also, I was looking at the pto/clutch linkage levers, and I see there's not room to pop them out of the cast arms, Do I need to remove the roll pins and take the whole cast arm off, or is there another way?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)