AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

moisture sensor on flagship
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

newag1
Posted 1/27/2019 18:40 (#7277186)
Subject: moisture sensor on flagship

WNW Illinois, Henry Co
what do any of you have for ideas on why my moisture meter on combine takes so long to start recording the correct moisture in soybeans only. i have the default set at 13% so when i first start through the pass if it say 13% i know it is not reading, when it first starts to read, it drops to 5 or 6%; then climbs back up to the then moisture of grain. when i turn on far end of field without shutting off header, it does not lose the readings, and as soon as grain hits it it will start reading correct again. It's always on first start up after shutting machine off to unload.

It can take anywhere from 160 to 260 ft for moisture to balance according to the mapping. yield is quick as soon as 14 seconds. I can say in corn it does it too but instaed of 160 ft, we are talking maybe 50 feet.

I have to add that this is a 2020 system but with caseih moisture sensor.

My thought is the PP 2020 paddles are a hard plastic that dont allow the "spill" off to the side like the factory tire material allows. been three years this way now. Only thing i can think of doing now is to wire in a header switch to make it think it is still running, but dont know if that might cause other issues.

ideas??

Bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)