AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which RTK autosteer for a 310 Magnum (Steercommand vs Geosteer vs Paradyme)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Undercovers
Posted 1/14/2019 14:00 (#7244765)
Subject: Which RTK autosteer for a 310 Magnum (Steercommand vs Geosteer vs Paradyme)

Northeast KS, Undercover(crops)
Just bought a 2015 310 CVT that is guidance ready. We will be using it to strip till, plant, maybe tile plow. I want to stick with Ag Leader unless there is a compelling argument to go with pro 700/ Nav 2/3. We already use Ag Leader for machine control. I really like the Ag Leader equipment, especially the monitors. Operators other than myself would really like to not have to mess with more than one monitor. Currently have an Incommand 1200 running on external novatel RTK GPS (staying with other tractor). We farm in a creek valley and the hills around it. We contour farm about half of our ground with terraces (lots of different contours within one field, have to jump back and forth between lines). Currently have a topcon mobile base station with 900mhz radio, mounted on a vehicle. Tractor GPS reception around trees is an issue (although it is almost a non issue now with radio RTK). My research on here says that Paradyme steers the best, but GPS reception is inferior to 6500/ Steercommand.

Which should I go with? (prices and parts required are to the best of my knowledge please correct me if wrong):

6500/ Steercommand
-would need
Steercommand $4500 (dealer)
6500 RTK $5000 (classifieds)
6500 Radio Relay $500 (classifieds)
Magnum vehicle kit $1800 (dealer)

7500/ Steercommand
anybody know what this setup costs?

Geosteer
-would need
RTK/ Glonass Geosteer $4000 (classifieds)
Radio $ not sure

Paradyme
-would need
RTK/ Glonass Paradyme $4500 (classifieds)
Radio $ not sure

Also what is in these vehicle kits? a couple cables? Do the steer ready magnums already have a wheel angle sensor?

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)