AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will USDA drop MN yields again??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buck S
Posted 11/25/2018 18:21 (#7127233)
Subject: Will USDA drop MN yields again??

McLeod County, MN
I think so, and they should be dropping them by quite a bit from what I have seen and heard. I have been preaching 175 for MN since mid summer. 191 was a laughable number for anyone that has a clue about growing corn in MN. After pouring over seed company plots comparing this year to last year, MN corn grower plots comparing year over year, and FIRST plots year over year it is pointing to a sharp decline from last year's 194 BPA. The FIRST plots in the southern two districts of the state point to a 19.55 BPA decrease from 2017. Yields are also sharply lower for most MN corn grower plots, and that's especially true for the southern 1/3 of the state where most of our corn is grown. Yield for everyone I talk to is down from 2017, except for some people that are north, and more importantly NW of me.

I know there was a couple smoking good counties out by the SD/ND/MN border, but those guys trying to make up for southern MN is like trying to pull a 10 bottom plow with a 4020. It just wasnt gonna happen no matter what. My brother in law works for the railroad and says there is nothing for corn piles this year compared to last year.

How did you other MN guys end up? My corn was down 35 BPA from last year and I am looking at an 8-10 bushel decrease coming from the USDA yet.

(Captured (full).PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Captured (full).PNG (165KB - 82 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)