AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family and Work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RAFARMS
Posted 11/14/2018 18:46 (#7105846)
Subject: Family and Work

SW Wisconsin
How do farmers out there balance work life and family? I work in town and run my farm and help on the family farm that my grandparent own. The in town job I put in 53 hours a week mon thourgh sat. We have 250 corn. We also have 150 head of beef that we breed raise to fats. We also buy bottle calves on the side. I try to spend as much time with my wife and two girls. I will sit down and have dinner and lunch on the weekends with them and will come in to tell them goodnight. I try to do most of the farm work when they are sleeping so it doesn’t take time from them. I don’t want to give up farming b/c I love the job it is what I was born to do. I need the in town job for money and the insurance. My wife feels that I need to spend more time and when thinks slow down I do. She also feels like we don’t get enough time. Does any one have any help I feel like the only way you can farm any more is to be single with no kid and that is not what I want I want the farm family that I was raised. Any help welcome Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)