AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weekly Petroleum Status Report.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 6/21/2018 08:19 (#6825360)
Subject: Weekly Petroleum Status Report.

The Weekly Petroleum Status report this week    ( http://ir.eia.gov/wpsr/overview.pdf )

US Crude: Production at 10,900 k bbls/day ties last week's ALL TIME RECORD!!
 Imports 8,242 k  up 143 k  (Do we really need to Import this much? or Home Grown Ethanol for America's energy   Independence??)  Even though we are Producing RECORD amounts of US Crude we still IMPORT ALOT.. cause we can I guess..
 Exports  2,374 k up 344 k  (As prices rise at the Pump.. Big Oil Exports US Crude overseas for more $$$.. good idea??) Since the lifting of the US Crude Oil Export ban.. We've become a player.. not a big one but.. "one of them."
Kind of like Russia in the Wheat market. didn't they USED to IMPORT wheat?

Net Imports 5,868 k down 201 k 

Stocks Change up 872 k bbls

Equals Net input to Refineries 17,701 k up 196 k

Other:

Production of Fuel Ethanol 1,154 k up 11k still "eh"
Ethanol stocks 21.6 myn bbls down 0.5 k

Total Motor Gasoline Stocks 240 myn bbls up 3.3 myn bbls or 11.11 times that of Ethanol.. yet RBOB Futures are worth $2.0177 vs Ethanol at $1.406 with that spread REMAINS EXCESSIVELY WIDE at $0.61.. arrrggghh!!  The SPREAD CONTINUES to WIDEN vs Last year when they traded at PAR!!

Unbelievable!!

Thanks to Scott Pruitt's EPA handing out RFS Waivers.. WE NEED RELIEF at the EPA!!

Pruitt has GUTTED the RFS!! and now it's starting to put the HURT on the ethanol producers!!

Including East Kansas AgriEnergy SHUTTING DOWN it's BRAND NEW BioDiesel Refinery THANKS to the ACTIONS of ROUGE EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt as RIN's prices FALL to below the cost of production.

( http://www.ethanolrfa.org/2018/06/scott-pruitts-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-ethanol-tour/ )

".. as DC reporters got wise to the PR-fail engulfing Pruitt and one publication asked if ethanol would finally tip the balance and put Pruitt out on his ear.  It sure looked that way after Iowa’s Republican governor said, “Pruitt needs to follow through with what the President promised to Iowans, and if he can’t, then we need to find someone who will.”

Forecasts of Mr. Pruitt’s future were stark.

The GOP Chairman in Anderson County, KS summed it up thusly: “I think that Mr. Pruitt probably is a dead man walking,” said Dane Hicks. “I can’t imagine he rebounds from this in any way to salvage his position. I would expect his resignation soon.”

Neil Koehler, CEO of Pacific Ethanol, which operates nine ethanol plants was equally direct when he said, “We have a rogue EPA secretary who should probably find another job because he’s making the President look like a liar.”

Reviews of his visit were dim and seemed to get worse and worse and worse and worse still.

The headlines said he ishurting industriesand the news featured local politicians rallying the crowd and asking, “Administrator Pruitt, Do you hear us?” Others pointed out that Pruitt was breaking his promise to uphold the law and destroying demand for ethanol.

For his part, well, Pruitt seemed to oblivious to fervor  when he said that “there were a few billboards, but they didn’t say I hope you’re having fun.”

No, Mr. Pruitt, 1.6 billion gallons of lost demand and your failure to promulgate a rule making allowing E15 year-round is NOT fun."

Finished Gasoline 9,326 k  down 553.

Distillate 3.825 k dn 579 k  

etc...

More info here.. ( http://ir.eia.gov/wpsr/wpsrsummary.pdf )

Edited by JonSCKs 6/21/2018 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)