AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consultant Says I Need More Fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Twice An Olympian
Posted 6/18/2018 15:56 (#6819818)
Subject: Consultant Says I Need More Fence

You would think the fence I'm building in Georgia would be big enough...eight stands of barbed wire with oil pipe posts every four feet. However, the zoo consultant overseeing construction of the facilities says I need 14 vertical feet of woven wire with 10 strands of barbed wire spaced 12 inches apart inside of that. He has also recommended three electrified stands and three rows of oil pipe. People have made sport of my fence, but we take in neglected and abandoned circus and exotic animals. The large cats are housed in enclosures, but most of the other animals will be allowed to roam free. There is also a herd of 107 bison that a rancher in Colorado could no longer care for and nearly 175 donkeys, mules and horses that were all rescures. I'm spending almost $1 million on fence, but the animals are worth it. You can understand why I've not disclosed a location more specific than central Georgia because the operation is not open to the public nor do I want trespassers trying to shoot an exotic.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)