AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? changing HD on Toughbook CF-M34
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 12/22/2008 15:01 (#543566)
Subject: ? changing HD on Toughbook CF-M34

Southeast Wyoming

I recently picked up a CF-M34.  I don't have a power supply but have one on order.  The battery lasted long enough to see that it booted properly and that's about all I got to.  I'm thinking about putting in a larger HD before I load any software - I plan to use it mostly for route planning and logging - maybe have QBPro on it also since it will probably not go on-line often.  It should be good for boucing in the Freightshaker.  It has a serial port, PCMCIA port and USB 1 port; no CD drive.

This toughbook came with WinXP Pro; the Panasonic site seems to recommend XP Pro.  It has an HDD 20 meg HD, which seems like it would be small.

I've found this site which has HD's specifically for the CF-M34:

http://www.drivesolutions.com/cgi-bin/shop/ug2store.cgi?command=listitems&kind=pal&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=pal38

Is there any reason why the 120gb ATA 5400 rpm drive should not work?  My current drive is probably 4200 rpm.  (Are there any other HD source suggestions?)

Since I have the slow USB port I will probably also need to make the clone of the origanal HD with both drives out of the toughbook.  I have the hardware to connect one.   Is there a good cloning package that will let me copy/clone all the files from the original drive to a backup drive and then to the new drive?  Or, if I get another transfer kit, will the software allow me to clone from one external USB drive to the other?

TIA   Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)