AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Splitsville for our honeymoon cottage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 9/5/2017 18:16 (#6230795)
Subject: Splitsville for our honeymoon cottage

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Wife is getting one half, I'm getting the other.

Just JOKING! I bought this house new when I was still a bachelor, lived there about 6 years alone. It was funny, one shower was never used until after we were married. My wife was gracious enough to consent to live here after we got married. We lived there up until April this year. About 16 years total for me, about 10 years of marriage. Then with three kids we were really ready for something else. We've been blessed this year to be able to buy another place, that is a permanent home and much roomier.

All in all I guess the double-wide was OK for what we needed, it was certainly cheap to buy, but I really took it on the chin selling it. Don't let anybody tell you mobile homes are a good investment. Only if you are a slum lord and rent them out in a trailer park.

I was not interested in renting it, even though I could have had a renter the day we moved out probably. The land is my grandparent's land, and I had no interest in trying to sell off the acreage either. You can imagine what kind of people I would have to farm next to. So selling it was the only option. The cost to break them and move them is what kills the selling cost.

I don't get too sentimental about these sorts of things, so not really sad to see it go. Just relieved to have it moved out.

(KIMG0264.jpg)

(KIMG0265.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments KIMG0264.jpg (151KB - 257 downloads)
Attachments KIMG0265.jpg (97KB - 268 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)