AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oshkosh Airventure 2017 photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 8/16/2017 18:26 (#6191318)
Subject: Oshkosh Airventure 2017 photos

Well, I think after three weeks of working at it here and there I've got enough stuff from EAA edited to be presentable now.  

Was lucky enough this time to meet up with 150pilot and KTinSD from Agtalk, and luckier to have somebody better looking than them riding along...

They said this was going to be the "year of the bomber" at Oshkosh, and they didn't disappoint.  The mighty B-1B from Dyess AFB greets everybody coming onto the field.  Much more gratuitous imagery of the Bone to come.

Nose of Douglas A-20 Havoc.  This is currently the only airworthy example of the A-20 in the world, was really hoping to see it fly but it didn't either of the days I was at the show. 

I think they were able to get 12 B-25s staged as they were for the launch from USS Hornet against Tokyo in 1942.  Dick Cole, the last survivor of the Doolittle Raid, was in attendance and there is footage of him saluting these Mitchells as each taxied out to fly in the Doolittle raid demonstration later.  A truly historical moment.

Navy P-8 Poseidon.

Nose of the BUFF on static display.

KC-135R Stratotanker of the Wisconsin ANG.

Bell P-63 Kingcobra.  There were 3 of these flying at the show, but unfortunately they were only airborne during lousy weather when I was there.  No good flying pics...

Five Lock Boll was interested to see Kyle Franklin flying his new KitFox, here is about as good as I got of him before the ceiling came down enough that the Wednesday show was put on hold for a while.

Warbirds in the rain.

Reenactment of a WW2 era forward airfield.

Blue Angels- Bearcats to Hornets.

Totally unplanned but this Corsair looked pretty neat in the rain.

It's possible to see combinations of things at Oshkosh that you just don't find anywhere else in the world.

Wednesday's USAF Heritage Flight.

A highlight for everybody, after a massive volunteer effort there is a second airworthy B-29 and Doc made it here.  Airworthy and stunning.

Even the Blue Angels were excited to see Doc.  (And the solos actually joined with Doc for a publicity flight later on in the week.)

UPS departure.

Wednesday evening's mass launch of B-25s to simulate the Tokyo raid.

Aeroshell team's T-6s.

And the star of Wednesday evening's show, maybe even the whole week:  B-1B twilight afterburner passes!  I only wish I could do more justice to just how awesome it was to see, hear and feel this.  Cue some George Thorogood, we're getting bad to the BONE!  Inbound for the first pass at 200 feet, 300 knots, wings forward.  Nice and slow and quiet, but enough time to know that your toes are about to be shaken.

Candles lit at midfield.

And now it's time to haul the chili.  Wings swept aft and speed o' heat in 85% relative humidity air.

Another stark contrast in noise level and speed, the Bone departs in an unrestricted climb at 600 knots behind a Paramotor.

Little bit of ag for this post, standing by an Air Tractor 802.

NASA T-38 and another of the P-63s, the man seated in the middle giving a talk at Warbirds in Review is Joe Engle who flew the X-15 rocket plane and the Space Shuttle.

Wish I'd made it back for a better picture, the Night Stalkers of Special Ops Command brought this MH-47G Chinook.

And another amazing moment, so far as I know has never been done at a civilian field but USAF sent an example of all three heavy bombers currently in the fleet.

Followed by individual passes from the B-52, B-2 and B-1.

Two B-29s flying formation for the first time since USAF retired the type in 1960.

Scaled Composites' Proteus.

Gene Soucy.

Saturday's USAF Heritage Flight break.

Still can't decide if I like the F-35, but it looked good here.

Cub tail.

I've got a million photos of the Blue Angels and was kinda just going to sit back and enjoy watching them, but then the lighting was beautiful so what the heck.  Lead solo executes the dirty roll on takeoff.

The team brought their A Game to EAA, showing that 18 inch wingtip to canopy separation they advertise for the Diamond 360.  

The Double Farvel.

The diamond dirty loop.

The line abreast loop.

Blue Moon.

Delta Roll.

The Delta Loop Break & Cross.

On very short notice, I got 150pilot to catch Megan and me underneath the Delta Breakout.  Thanks Jim, you did a pretty good job for pretty much having the camera tossed at you on ten seconds of warning, better than me at smiling anyway!

Replica of Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.

Sasquatch jumps in.

Two Indiana ANG A-10s launch for a pyro ground attack demo for Saturday's twilight show.

Paradigm team.

Patriots parachute team.

Greg & Ashley Shelton wing walking.

Matt Younkin inverted in the Twin Beech, performing Magic By Moonlight.

Hope you all enjoy, I'll be around for questions later lol.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)