AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger ISObus command support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kylerlaird
Posted 8/13/2017 09:02 (#6183775)
Subject: Challenger ISObus command support

Rensselaer, Indiana
[background]

Last year I sold my 7230R and got an old MT765(A). It had some Trimble navigation hardware in it, but I ripped it out because it didn't seem useful without a display. With some simple modifications, that tractor quickly became my favorite 'bot, running a grain cart in the Fall and tillage this Spring. It was a great trade.

I have an 8285R that I always intended to automate but I hesitated to work on it because it was such a lemon. I finally got it to another dealer who seems to have fixed what the original dealer botched. Now I'm working on the ISObus to see what I can do with it. So far, I've been able to read and interpret some messages. That's great but I want full control of it. Sifting through the crap on this old thread, https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=250542&Display... I gather that I'm going to be disappointed trying to control the steering (because of Deere encryption). I'd been thinking that I could be satisfied getting PTO and SCV control through ISObus, and doing the rest directly, but now I would really prefer to work on another tractor that I'm not fighting.

Last week my Challenger dealer called me about a couple used tractors they now have in stock. (I'm too jaded to buy new again.) I'm thinking of trading my 8285R for an MT685D. I'm trying to get an idea of how easily I can work with an MT685D (which is a bit newer than my MT765).

[questions]

What's the state of guidance control for Challenger tractors? I recall that the Trimble on my old MT765 was connected through a Deutsch connector behind the right side panel in the cab. (It was quite a contrast to the plug-in 2630s I use.) Is that typical? Is that bus also on the diagnostic connector under the buddy seat?

When I start my MT765, I have to acknowledge a warning that the implement can control the PTO, SCVs, and hitch (I think) through ISO 11783. That's encouraging. Does it also follow ISO guidance commands? Speed control? Is the MT685D similar?

I want to get full control of the MT685D through ISO - steering, transmission, throttle, SCVs, PTO, hitch. Is that likely? Is there (available) documentation somewhere that specifies exactly what functions it supports?

Thanks.

--kyler
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)