AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440 and NH3 gremlins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Itchy
Posted 4/16/2017 07:14 (#5965180)
Subject: Raven 440 and NH3 gremlins

SW Iowa
Running NH3 before the weekend rains, Raven set on 180 lbs/a, vol/min 96 stable, knife pressure 38 psi, speed 6.5 mph. everything fine pulling doubles 1k ea. Already run off 240 acres with it working fine,,,,,then suddenly, knife pressure goes to 60 psi, vol/min jumps up to 192 still stable, hoses start blowing off, but still rate is 180, and Raven seems happy with what is going on. I fixed the blown off hoses, messed around going to manual and reducing flow valve to 40 psi with 95 vol/m (which was what I had before it went crazy), and now the Raven says 107lbs/a, it is not happy,,,Toggle switching back to rate 180, it jumps back up to maximums again, but, happily said I was putting on 180 lbs/a,,,,I fooled around for about 25 acres thinking it would snap back, but suddenly tank pressure went to 0, and this is on doubles! I ran em out on about 30 acres, so I know the application was really pushing 300 lbs/a+, not 180 lbs as indicated...So changed tanks, began again, still everything wide open on the bar, Vol/m sky high, pressure at 60 psi,, but Raven very happy saying 180 lbs/a...I ran about 10 acres,, then,,,, all of a sudden pressures went back down to 38, vol/m 95 and still application rate was 180 lbs/a..Everything fine again...Any ideas on what went wrong and where to look for a problem?? Could the Raven control unit have an intermittant fault within it's circuitry?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)