AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 7140 magnum hydraulic issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 3/20/2017 17:28 (#5911882)
Subject: CIH 7140 magnum hydraulic issue

Owensville, MO
Got an issue with the 7140 I've been trying to pin down but I just don't know enough about the hydraulic/transmission system on these things to narrow it down any farther. I'm getting a rattle/growl out of the front of the transmission when you put it in gear. doesn't matter what gear forward or reverse, as soon as you move the lever left or right and you hear the hydraulic surge as the trans engages the noise starts. Put it back in neutral and it stops. starts again as soon as you put it back in gear. Doesn't matter if the clutch pedal is up or down, moving or not.

This leads me to believe that it may be a hydraulic issue, maybe something with the pump??? Feels and sounds like it is coming from right under the pedals and more to the right if I had to choose. Any ideas or things that are common to these tractors?

Everything on the tractor works exactly like it should. steering, brakes, remotes, 3pt, shifts fine, pulls good and strong, just this noise. It's not bad enough to make you think "shut it down now!" but bad enough that I know something just is not quite right. It's a '91 model with 4-speed reverse. My '92 model 7110 makes no such noise at all.

P.S. Remote valves work exactly like they should but pump wines when they are being used. Was going to address this in another thread.

Thanks guys,

Joe

Edited by redhunter 3/20/2017 17:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)