AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Real Estate Fund
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 1/23/2015 08:39 (#4331919)
Subject: Ag Real Estate Fund

Northern Illinois
My father is retired and enjoying retirement. He worked very hard during his farming career and was fortunate to have made some very wise agricultural real estate investments. Now he is reaping the benefits of those investments by collecting rent checks on his land. He is of the mindset that money in the bank is not working for him. He wants to buy another farm. He has the money for a downpayment but would need to borrow money for the rest. I am of the mindset that an 80 year old man should not be going out and borrowing $1.5 million to buy a 160 at his age. Not questioning land ownership just the wisdom of going into debt at his age. Does anyone know of a traded investment fund that aquires agricultural land. I know some firms privately mingle money from different investors and then buy land for that group but that is a closed group. I am looking for a publicly traded fund that I could steer him toward. By investing in something like this he could invest his money in the bank but not need to borrow money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)