AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to GPS, questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Two Hawk
Posted 12/2/2014 19:11 (#4215688)
Subject: New to GPS, questions?

Southern Nevada desert
I need to set up a JD 7810 tractor to auto steer, will be used exclusively on alfalfa pivots, primarily for seeding, spraying and spreading fertilizer. Secondary use I would also like to possibly transfer to a Hesston 9365 rotary windrower to cut hay.

It seems the swather would be the most challenging due to the hydrostatic steering. I assume It will need something on the steering wheel? How fast can I steer this swather? I asked my 14 year old daughter how fast she usually cuts and she told me "as fast as it will go in rabbit speed" I think that would be a bit over 12 mph.

What would I need to steer the tractor directly, without the steering wheel system? or just use a steering wheel system? What components will transfer between thees two machines easily and what will need to stay?
Will I need some sort of correction signal for this to work in my application? Does a correction system always need a remote receiver? Are there free correction signals or do they all need a subscription ?
What older or used systems would be good? I have looked at used parts online, Ebay, classifieds here, ect. and just ended up confused......
What brand? Trimble? Ag leader? Raven? Other? My Agco dealer is nice to deal with but not much knowledge about options. Looking to stay away from JD because they forced my longtime dealer to sell out to a chain and I am very "disappointed" with the results. My nearest Agricultural dealer of any brand is 240 miles away so I'm mostly my own support system anyway.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)