AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The estate thread from below............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Howdyjabo
Posted 5/16/2014 18:12 (#3874011)
Subject: The estate thread from below............

NC
I have a question too.

If you are named in a will as a person to get an equal share in 6 banks, 9 accounts(all listed with account numbers). But each account only had minimal money left in them(based on how much money each of us received).
Would you get a lawyer? Or is it a waste of time. I know for a fact she was loaded and tight, she didn't spend that money. I am sure One side of the family had legal access to her accounts to pay bills for a few months before she died.

I hate to stir up trouble in the family unless I know it will make a difference.
The other people named(all in their 80's) were not in a position to see the will and have no idea that bank accounts were listed with very little left in them. We were all told that we got shares of the household items that were auctioned off-- the bank accounts were never mentioned. Their kids have no idea either. I only know about it because I had to get a copy of the will to be able to sell a piece of land she left us and read it for myself. If the other kids get to thinking theres something hinky going on theres going to be a huge feud and its going to get ugly. I would hate to be the person that set that off-- still I think its alot of money, and it irks me that a family member may have been that low .

I'm writing here, because I can't say anything to anyone(even my local lawyer) around here without a possibility of my suspicion going public.

Edited by Howdyjabo 5/16/2014 18:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)