AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Dog Herding Clinic Photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 5/3/2014 06:53 (#3851144)
Subject: Stock Dog Herding Clinic Photos

south east Indiana
Have a few minutes this morning so I thought I would post a few photos from last weekends clinic. The weather could not have been better. We had a few sprinkles on Friday but not enough to get wet really, just enough to make us put the tent up. The next two days were perfect, in the 70's and sunny. Each clinic is a bit different because the people and dogs are different. This clinic we had mostly livestock producers who use their dogs for practical work so that put a good twist on what was discussed. All the dogs made Huge improvements over the three days. Jack, since he has worked with dogs his entire life, can see the smallest thing that will help that dog and handler and knows how to make it clear to the dog what he needs to get that change. Watching him work with a dog is Amazing. It is the people that catch on slower :) - me included. Jack never fails to give an honest opinion so you better be tough or not ask, sometimes he tells you anyway - as in my case. I have had Jack coming for clinics for several years now and I always learn something, His instruction has made me a better trainer/handler and my dogs very capable of doing what needs done. There are days now I hear Jack's voice in my head - Scottish accent and all - when I am out working. He is not one to give a lot of praise to dogs or people but he did say this was one of the most enjoyable clinics - good dogs and good people. I hope to have him back again in the fall. Jack is getting older and will soon cut back on his traveling and clinics and I am not anywhere near being done learning from him so I try to get him twice a year. If you ever have the chance to even go watch one of his clincs I would sure encourage you to do so. Few, very few stockman know as much as Jack does about working dogs.

(DSC_0307_7_1.JPG)

(DSC_0315_6_1.JPG)

(DSC_0335_1_1.JPG)

(DSC_0309_8_1.JPG)

(DSC_0324_5_1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0307_7_1.JPG (147KB - 144 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0315_6_1.JPG (147KB - 141 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0335_1_1.JPG (71KB - 149 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0309_8_1.JPG (183KB - 135 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0324_5_1.JPG (170KB - 156 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)