AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wish I knew the right answer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 4/12/2014 21:08 (#3811933)
Subject: Wish I knew the right answer

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Fertilizer supplier in town has been hauling twin tanks past our house for the past week - 10 days, just hell bent for election. Probably 50-55 mph on a county gravel road. I believe tanks with an SMV on the back, legal speed is actually 25. Correct?

I called the office the other day (we don't use this supplier, but their office manager used to work for us on the trucking side) and asked her to please have the guys idle it down a bit, as I was afraid there was going to be a bad accident if they kept it up. She agreed fully, and promised to get the guys under control. Since her late husband was paraplegic for 15+ years after a traffic accident, I thought she probably had a real clear mental picture of the situation I was talking about.

I completely understand the tank jockeys' situation. Customers are riding their butts all day and nite wanting tanks right now, 2 hrs ago would be better. Management rides their butts day and nite to get product out. I get it. They can't win.

So, now that I've called, they haul a$$ till about 1/2 mile from our house, clamp the air to it and putt-putt-putt past our house about 35-40mph, then romp back into it about 1/2 mile the other side of our house. This doesn't accomplish anything other than to tick me off.

I've thought about calling again. Won't change a thing. I've thought about getting the sheriff's office involved. That's still an option. I really don't want to be "that old woman....", truly. But I don't want to be the old woman who lost a family member or a friend in a nasty NH3 accident, either. Our whole family lives within a 2 1/2 mile range, all on the same road. Both our boys and families, 4 grandkids. Plus a lot of other people we really care about.

I suppose it's a self-limiting situation......a week or so and it'll be all done with. Till next year. Just wish I knew the right answer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)