AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean APH once again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 3/11/2014 16:30 (#3747712)
Subject: Soybean APH once again

Nebraska aka the boondocks
Last time I planted beans on the home place, 2011, I was totally irritated to find out my history went back to when my grandfather was still alive, 1985. Guess what, it was hailed out, so it was a zero. Low and behold three years later it is time to rotate beans again, and low and behold there were beans in 1986, and guess what. Brilliantly there was another disaster in 1987, but it was only 20 bu. So, in a 2 year corn and 1 year bean rotation, I may clean up my bean aph on this place by the time I retire, slowing peeling off numbers every third year. Apparently, according to my rain and hail agent, since this is the same policy grampy had, and my father loosely had before I took over, I am stuck with the "ten" years of actual history. I am still waiting for a response from RMA, because I think this is outrageous. What in the world does hailed out beans in 1985/86, have to do with bean production today???

edit, I didn't start planting beans until 2009, thus the long time gap in the policy.

Edited by McHusker 3/11/2014 16:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)