AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Startup issues with G*
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 3/1/2008 23:29 (#323572)
Subject: Startup issues with G*

NE SD

In the thread below concerning the GS2 displays in the 30 series sprayers, it has been mentioned that on startup one should turn the key straight to the "start" position and skip the run to avoid causing problems.

We have our recievers setup so they are powered up for 24 hours after shutdown. That way when you come back in the morning, you have signal. Occasionally on startup with the 9400, I will lose signal completely. Quickstart says it is unable to track position and then I have to spend what seems like forever to get back up over 80%.(yes I know you can plant with less but at 80% error is reduced drastically) I've always chalked it up to being a ground issue as we never have had any other problems and none of our other equipment bothers. Never done anything about it because it only happens once in a while so it's hard to track.

I have a habit of turning the key to run, pausing for a moment, and then turning it to "start". I wonder if the couple seconds that the display fires up and then loses enough current to restart causes this condition? Like I said, we've never had this problem on any of our combines, sprayers, or other tractors.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)