AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low PH Farm (should i add more P/K in my spread)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 1/31/2014 07:53 (#3650793)
Subject: Low PH Farm (should i add more P/K in my spread)

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana

i picked up a rental farm this winter. had it soil sampled, and the samples came back decent on P/K, but low on PH. you can download my sample results to look at them, but the high's and low's are...

Lowest PH
PH 4.8
P (#/A) 56
K (#/A) 220 

Highest PH
PH 5.4
P (#/A) 59
K (#/A) 296  

My highest/lowest P sample is
77 and 43#/A

My highest/lowest K sample is
296 and 183#/A

I am planning on blanket applying 3 tons of lime this spring or winter if i get a chance to apply it earlier. 

There was a post a while back....
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=446975&posts=27&highlight=ph&highlightmode=1#M3616460
Oliver1 posted this graph and it got me thinking, should i apply almost double or triple rates of P/K this spring? i don't think my pocket book can afford triple, but i wouldn't be opposed to applying 100# of MAP and 100# of Potash (55 bushel soybean removal rate) over the top this spring before i plant. (no till soybeans). The plan for 2014 fall would be to sample again and add more life if need be as well. then spring of 15 apply corn/bean removal with spreader and plant corn. 

i have a multi-year contract on this farm, so i have a few years to get my money back out of it for sure, but i have confidence i will farm this farm for many years. 

(fert table from Oliver1 AT.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Moran Farm 2013 Samples.pdf (58KB - 163 downloads)
Attachments fert table from Oliver1 AT.jpg (53KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)