AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MSP wheat boys, ND beaners what are the options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 1/21/2014 13:20 (#3622796)
Subject: MSP wheat boys, ND beaners what are the options

NCND
So with all the talk of bad basis to come here with rail what can we do to protect?

My new crop bean basis is .-80. I can live with that so I'll sell cash when need to. Didn't even ask the local joint if they'd do a basis contract at that or not so I guess that would be an option also.

The stickler of the group is wheat. New crop is .-80. By the sounds of things carrying to january or later may not be better either for next year.

Does msp offer options or any tools for cash settlements? I always thought they had a cash index or something?

I have some decent new crop sales but I hate to lock in -80.

Longer storage would be an option but I need to have about 100k of wheat marketed off the combine or put up new storage. Not really crazy about that if this basis problem is a year or two deal.

I know tara talked about hauling to duluth. In 1980 my grandpa bought a brand new pete for 80k to do that very job. I have trucks but not sure if i want to haul 50k to duluth or if its economical.

Just curious what everyone else is planning. Hunker down and put up steel or is there a paper way to do this??

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)