AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How not to be that guy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 9/10/2013 21:44 (#3320749)
Subject: How not to be that guy?

You know, the one that goes around and harasses landowners to rent or buy...you know the one that pulls the checkbook out and says what will it take,..you know the one that will try to still get land at all costs even if it is under contract.

I don't want to be that guy! Not at all...but...I'm a young guy just getting started and would like to expand. So what's the best way to get my name out there and let people know I'm interested in potentially renting or buying their property without be a badgering blowhard sob that I referred to. I've learned through the years is that you have to be out there otherwise opportunities don't present themselves. There's too many instances where I wod have been interested but didn't even know it was available. And then there are those instances where I did and it came up for auction or bid and can't compete against the big boys. So what's the best way to contact people and getting my name out there without being harassing or causing problems with the current tenants? I'm from a low key family that minds our own business, and I'm a young guy getting a start and I'm sure most people think in crazy...but I'm making a go of it. I don't have a lot of weight or cash to throw around, or shiny equipment to park in their fields, but I do have integrity and do the best I can and want I chance in this dog eat dog world! It's tough, just would at least like to be considered if some opportunity arises, that is all. What's the best way to do this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)