AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random pics of planting beans, cattle and spraying crew
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

southernblues
Posted 7/23/2013 00:05 (#3224178)
Subject: Random pics of planting beans, cattle and spraying crew

SE Kansas

1st pic is of my antique (paid for) equipment.  JD 4020 and Kinze 2000 6R with in-furrow attachments.

2nd pic is my 1st and favorite heifer out of my bred heifers I bought last fall.  She's bigger than what the pic lends itself, little leggy but her mom is keeper so I'm thinking she might stick around.

3rd pick is Gypsum demonstration for the 4 State Farm Show.  Buddy of mine who is my fertilizer guy is the lone Gypsoil Dealer in Eastern KS and built apparatus to show the benefits of gypsum on the heavy clay soils of eastern KS.  Anyone guess what the moral of the this story is?

4th pick is my calving-ease deluxe Angus bull who I've had in almost 60 days with some open Herf heifers.  Like Jim's bull, we call him "Shorty" -- he's 16 months old running with 13 open heifers.  He is growing good and with better pics and up close, I'm amazed at his gut and deep rib.  I like his length too.

5th pick is another profile view of Shorty.  Depending on how bean harvest goes, I may find some open angus heifers (they've come down in price) and put him on them in fall.

6th pick is my spraying crew.  Son and Grandpa, they always seem to find the mud too. 

Edited by southernblues 7/23/2013 00:11

(antique planter.jpg)

(1st heifer.jpg)

(gypsum_effects.jpg)

(ced_bull.jpg)

(ced_2bull.jpg)

(spraying crew.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments antique planter.jpg (40KB - 93 downloads)
Attachments 1st heifer.jpg (39KB - 87 downloads)
Attachments gypsum_effects.jpg (36KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments ced_bull.jpg (54KB - 84 downloads)
Attachments ced_2bull.jpg (32KB - 95 downloads)
Attachments spraying crew.jpg (41KB - 89 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)