AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bud box or tub?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 7/20/2013 21:53 (#3219848)
Subject: Bud box or tub?

There are a lot of good people on here and I value your opinions, as most of you have more experience than me and run a lot more cattle than I do do I value your opinion.

I run a small cow calf operation and I'm looking at finally putting in a decent working system with ally way and chute. I've gotten by without one and use the head gate in the maternity pen the past few years but its been a challenge at times and way too inefficient , plus when I have help here with me in concerned with someone getting hurt.

Anyhow, it's just me primarily so I want something that will work for a one man crew. What would you suggest? Does a bud box work when there is only one person around?

I'm looking for suggestions and ideas. For those of you that have a bud box or tube and ally , what is you layout? What do or don't you like about it, and what mistakes did you make or changed you'd like to make?

I'm not sure about the bud box. In fact I'm not sure about any stationary working facility at all. I crammed for space and neither one really fits the way my land lays, I'm leaning towards a portable tub with ally and chute, that way I can easily set up or remove it when I need it for working the herd, and also take it up to the pasture in the fall to work calves to give pre weaning shots. I don't know, I'm just brainstorming. Anyone on here have one if these portable units and what are your thoughts on them? I'd like to have a longer ally, especially when the vet is here for pg time, but I think we'd make it work.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)