AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would have you done?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rhandlos
Posted 5/25/2013 23:19 (#3117788)
Subject: What would have you done?

WC Iowa

Last night I drove 3 hours to watch my oldest daughter's ball game (her mother and I are not together)  After she had a great hit I heard two local guys saying that her real dad is a dead beat and never does anything to support her or finance her.  I played dumb and just said that I had heard that he lived 3 hours away(meaning me).  Their response was that it was no excuse and he should be here for everything that she does.  I let it slide untill they changed sides and then he said that it was too bad that she was a "BASTARD CHILD"  cause she was a really good player.  That is when I lost it.  I went down to where he was standing and tapped him on the shoulder.  Keep in mind he didn't know that I was her dad and am 6'3" and 230lbs and this guy running his mouth was 5'6" and 120 lbs wet.  When he turned around his nose ran into my chest and then he looked up and me looking down at him and my quote to him " I'm proud to be that bastard child's real dad!"  Then he back peddles and says that he has seen me around for parent/teacher conferences, other ball games, dance recitles, soccer, and swin lessons, he just didn't realize that I was her dad.  If he said he seen me at all of these events how could he not know I was her dad? I wanted to pound him in the dirt like a 10 penny nail, but knew that it wouldn't solve or prove anything, so I just walked away and grabbed some pop and popcorn and went to a different spot. 

I would like some advice from people that have been in similar situations or what others think I should do if this thing happens to happen again (doubt it will).  I never felt so low and so proud at the same watching my daughter play two games at short stop and do such a great job and having fun doing it.

TIA for any advice or comments.       

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)