AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cars vs Tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BBQ GUY
Posted 5/3/2013 05:43 (#3077039)
Subject: Cars vs Tractors

West Central Illinois
I had a close call yesterday I wanted to share. I was going down a country blacktop road to put the planter and tractor away yesterday after a brief rain shower. We have a 1790 CCS behind a 8285R so it's not real great to see behind. I was turning left to the shed after I looked and I have to admit I didn't have my blinker on. Well a guy I didn't see decided to pass me at a high rate of speed. I turned right into his ass end and spun him like a toy. The front left tire and weights caught him right at the back door. It seemed in slow motion. The guy did a perfect 360 just missing a ditch and a pole by a few feet. God was looking after both of us. Shaken the guy got out and came over and said is your tractor ok? I was expecting a ass chewing but instead he said he should have been paying more attention. He was going way to fast and I should have had blinker on. By the way I was traveling less than a quarter mile and I didn't have my hazards or beacon on. My bad. So the moral of the story I'm sure we all know don't assume anything when it comes to sharing the road with traffic. Got lucky guy said his car only booked out at 7-8 hundred dollars and didn't want to call sheriiff or insurance. I gave him a few bucks and we shook hands. Thanks for letting me share this. It woke me up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)