AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what do you plant with??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 4/25/2013 06:36 (#3061464)
Subject: So what do you plant with??

Farmington IL
I imagine most of us on stock talk plant something and lately gary's choice of planter tractor has been talked about so lets see whats out there.

This outfit is neither fancy nor high tech. No auto steer and I have the crooked rows to prove it. No fancy attachments on the planter just 40 cell disk from deere. No precison anything, no seed firmers, no spike closing wheels, no row shut offs, its just a plain old corn planter with spring down pressure. I like the kiss method when it comes to putting seed in the ground.

The biggest upgrade on it is I have a PDA in the cab we map as we plant so we can do yield comparisons by variety, soil type, soil fertility, cec, organic matter or a list of other options.

Pretty simple outfit. We bought tractor and planter new. Tractor hasnt done much else. I plant the corn and Nick plants the beans. We talked about it and if gary wants to plant with his open station tractor that is fine with us but I dont mind washing windows all that much and the dog would be upset if it was hot and dusty.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)