AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our Neighbor...and the DCFS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Murphy
Posted 2/19/2013 13:31 (#2910467)
Subject: Our Neighbor...and the DCFS

ECIL

5 Lock's picture below got me to thinking.  Not that I find a thing "wrong" with his pic.  I think kids need to have fun. 

Readers Digest Version: 

My neighbor is about 32, has 3 kids from 9 months to 6.  The middle is what you would now-a-days call a "strong willed child at age 3. This is a normal hard working family where dad is extremely ambitious and hard working, and mom is now at home with the kids.  Kids go to a christian pre-school, and all is well.  I live as close to them as anyone else, so I know.  These are "Salt of the Earth" type of people.

The other day, the 3 year old "strong willed" child was refusing moms attempt to go somewhere, so mom latched onto her hand (to make sure she did not let go) and gave her a tug.  She heard and felt a "pop" in the kids wrist.  The child was tired, crying, and fell asleep on the couch.  No bruising, No swelling, nothing looked abnormal.  She took a 2 hour nap, woke up and all is well.  Mom is a bit concerned at the "pop" and sends Dad and the child to the after hours clinic just to make sure.  It is Saturday night at about 7.  They get checked out by the "foreign Doctor",  and determined nothing was wrong.   After hours clinic decides that they cant do anything at the time, because they are getting ready to close, but advises Dad to take her to the ER for an x ray "just to make sure".  The DR then informs dad that he is calling DCFS...."standard procedure" he says.  Dad tells me his heart is now racing, and wants to take child home and forget the x ray, but realizes  the perilous situation he is in, so he does not say one more word to the DR.   DR says go to the ER, I have made arrangements and they are expecting you.  Dad tells him "forget it, we are going home".  DR says you take her there now, DCFS agent will meet you there for an interview.  Dad can see and hear the serious tone in the DR's eyes and voice.

He takes her to the ER.  They do an x-ray,  DCFS agent does not show up, but calls him.  Tells him he must do an interview at her office.  Dad is now getting mad.  Tells her if she wants an interview, she can come to his house.  She essentially tells him to either come there now, or be arrested, that this was not "standard procedure", but the DR must think the child is in harms way.    He takes the child home, then goes to the office.  DCFS gal wants to know where the child is, Dad explains the situation in some sort of a manner that the DCFS gal becomes somewhat sympathetic with him.  She tells him that she must come to the home and interview the mother and look around, and says it can wait till Monday.    He says the Monday interview lasted about 5 minutes after she can plainly see that this child is in no harm in their home, but "lets him off with a warning" type of a statement that is now in her file.

My neighbor...the good farm raised kid with high moral values, whose parents were killed in a car crash when he was 18, who has 5 employees for his construction business, who has managed to keep his parents farmland together through a tragic event, who I know does book work and such until 1 or 2 am most nights.......now has a "record" with DCFS.  All because a DR ( whom he stated had English so poor he could barely understand him) "turned him in" on some sort of suspicion.

What in the world is this country coming to?

.Where am I going with this?...........I guess we all gotta watch our every move now, and walk on eggshells around these liberal nut cases. I guess we cant share the cute pics of our kids in the tractor bucket, or on the hay pile, or out in the pasture with the cows....because someone like us*****er may decide to call the DCFS on us for "endagering" our kids.  Then it's their word against ours and were the next one with a "file". 

What a bunch of baloney.

Edited by Murphy 2/19/2013 13:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)