AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Career change update and questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 12/18/2012 21:41 (#2760766)
Subject: Career change update and questions

Aggieland
Well the job offer has come in and the salary is a lot better than I expected and has commission on top of the base salary. Our son was born three weeks ago and is doing well but that also means that my wife is no longer working. I like everything about their offer excpet that they want me to start January 3. I talked to my future supervisor in Lubbock and he's okay with me starting Feb 1 or so but the big boss hasnt answered my message yet.
Heres my concern: We own a 2000sq ft house on 5 acres about 20 miles from town. The house is 9 years old and needs foundation repair, paint and little knick knacks done to it. I installed a new AC/Heat system a little over a year ago, we also built a 25x35 3 stall and tack room horse barn, there also is a 15x20 slab built shed in the back yard and a lean to off of it. We'd like to get what we've got into it but we are scared the house wont sell in a timely manner.

Would you move away to start the new job before selling your current house? (Pay two house payments?) We'd be about 400 miles away.

Would you lease the house?

Would you rent an apartment to save up and learn the new town or try and buy right away?

What repairs would you make to your current house before putting it on the market? (Obviously we will clean it like never before and make things tidy) Id like your opinions on slab repairs (+-$10k), paint, carpet etc.

I feel like we've been lead to Lubbock by all the things that have happened in our lives recently and we are very blessed that this company has shown such a desire in me and seems to be very amicable towards my requests.

Thanks for reading and the replies,

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)