AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody else or wife buy at Goodwill?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/7/2012 13:51 (#2273489)
Subject: Anybody else or wife buy at Goodwill?

East central Iowa

Over in the Boiler room there is a heading "Stupid stupid government waste" and it's about the government setting up a clothing store to give dress clothing to job applicants.  My understanding from reading the article is that they expected 400 but got 2.  There's more to the article which I've put a link to below, but it got me curious.

My wife and some of her friends shop at Goodwill or the Salvation Army stores.  There is also a store that supports cancer research and assistance that has clothes.  One of the people that she knows is a doctor and the doctor shops at Goodwill, it's partly for fun and partly to do some good.  The funny part is that the times I've gone with her I see the parking lot is filled with nice vehicles.  Actually ours is probably the oldest by far.

I've seen the same thing in the day old bread stores.  One guy said he'd never buy at the day old bread store because that stuff was starting to rot.  I take the view that the sell by date is a week or so away from the day I'm buying it and if I go to the store and buy bread I don't eat the whole loaf in one day that's day old bread, then 2 days old and so on.

I will long remember a time when my wife and I went to something and she wore a 50¢ dress but looked soooo  much better than the lady who wore the $200 dress. 

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120307/METRO01/203070333/Audit-Part-11M-grant-Detroit-job-seekers-only-aided-2?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)