AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Surface Drainage Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDPlowboy
Posted 5/28/2006 16:14 (#15506)
Subject: Help Surface Drainage Question

sw MN
I am making a surface ditch to drain an area of the field that always ponds after a large rain. The area is pattern tiled every 60 ft and has 3 tile inlets but has a 80-100 acre water shed feeding into it. The area that ponds is about 8 acres and is shaped like a dumb bell. Each round end is about 3 acres and a 2 acre long area connects the two round ends. The long narrow area between the two ends is 700 ft long. The north side is sloped toward the ditch. The ditch will begin at the SW corner of the north area and drain west. The south round shaped area is level with the beginning of the ditch. Will the 3 acre round shaped area on the south end drain north 700 ft into the ditch on the level or do I need a catch basin? If so, will 6 in be lower than the south pond be low enough? I hate to make it any deep than I need to because it makes the whole ditch deeper and means more dirt to move. Keep in mind that all 3 areas are all part of the same odd shaped low area and the pond of water should have some pressure to drain when filled with water. Thanks for your help. If I knew how to post pics I would attach some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)