AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a good lawyer...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SEKPumpkinFarmer
Posted 12/12/2011 08:12 (#2098358)
Subject: I need a good lawyer...

SE KS
Long story short, our crop insurance SALESMAN made a $61k mistake in 2009 on our corn crop. It wasn't found until this year, during an audit because of our corn losses, Great American caught the mistake. We switched salesman last year, so we haven't purchased crop insurance from the guy who made the mistake for a couple of years. It is a claim that should have been filed. I inquired in 2009, and he said no there wasn't a loss to warrant a claim, he was incorrect we now know.

Rain and Hail have washed their hands of it, not their job to file a claim. RMA said there is nothing they can do since a claim wasn't filed. I can't get the state insurance commissioner to respond. Exhausting all these avenues I think it's time for a lawsuit. I would like him to file an Errors and Omissions claim with his insurance company. He won't out right do it, so it's going to take some prodding. $61,000 is $61,000 he more or less agreed with me verbally that things were "vague" and could have been misinterpreted. My best defense is he has the original email which outlines HIS misinterpretations and he sent it to me. So I do have a leg to stand on and some proof things were not relayed to me correctly.

Does anyone have any experience with an attorney who could handle this type of issue?? Thank you.

Edited by SEKPumpkinFarmer 12/12/2011 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)