AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This will be seen only here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 8/29/2011 12:21 (#1935989)
Subject: This will be seen only here

East central Iowa

I edit a church newsletter.  This is last month for a blended service.  Starting September we will return to 2 services. 

In the newsletter I wrote this small piece to help people remember that we will be having 2 services, however it was only to be seen by the pastor and the church secretary.  No intent for it to be in the regular newsletter. 

However I forgot how straight and serious I appear to people and it almost made it into the regular newsletter because they thought I was serious.  One of the problems with being me is people take me seriously.  Once it was made clear this is humor everyone enjoyed it.

This is the piece that is NOT going out;

As we return to our regular 2 services please remember to use your assigned seat.  If you find a non member sitting in your seat please be kind when explaining that it is your seat.

At times, most notably Christmas, Easter and special family occasions you will find strangers sitting in you seat.  On these occasions it would simplify things if you would be so kind as to find another seat being mindful not to take another regulars seat.

Much of the problem of seating can be overcome by simply coming to church early and often, thus ensuring your seat will remain your seat.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)