AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Casey daily report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/23/2011 07:08 (#1740013)
Subject: Casey daily report

Pittsburg, Kansas

This is a Casey daily report that talks about the end of QE and the possible effects on stocks and commodities. I think David Galland makes some pretty good points on the potential outcomes and what the Fed might and might not do but it is all pretty much speculation at this point. The Fed has never been known for their transparency and they often say one thing and do something different. Also with swap lines with various countries they can do some sneaky things with the money supply that will come out in the open much later if ever.

The point? In my opinion anything can happen in the next 6 months. They could actually stop adding to the balance sheet or discreetly continue doing it somehow through the back door. The stock and commodity markets could react favorably or they could go in the tank temporarily. The Fed may be able to keep control over interest rates or they could spiral out of control if the world debt markets get fed up and spooked.

Volatile times ahead. My plan is to forward price some new crop (already started) and keep some open for pricing next winter. Will try not to sell any during the harvest period. Try to spread my bets.

John

Edited by John Burns 4/23/2011 12:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)