AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best new crop corn stratagy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 5/15/2007 14:19 (#150271)
Subject: Best new crop corn stratagy?

Whats the best thing to do at this point to price new crop corn that is totally unprotected? Straight puts? Puts spreads? Sell outright? Sell and buy a call? What strike price? Many questions, anyone have a good answer? I should mention this corn has emerged and looks good at this point. It should have very good yield potential. I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on anything even though I probably should seeing as it seems that with decent weather I could "almost" guarentee a good profit. Others must be in this situation too. What have you done? Local basis is a little weak, but I've seen it worse. I have alot of faith in farmers abililty to turn 4 dollar corn into 2 dollar corn through overproduction. Someone talk some good business sense into the gambler in me please. I should add that I do not think I've ever made a dime on straight puts, but I guess there is always a first time that they won't expire worthless. I hope someone out there has a stratagy that will make me see the light and make me some money. Any ideas appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)