AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Creating a proposal for buying precision ag equipment.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Coastal
Posted 12/8/2010 19:02 (#1475087)
Subject: Creating a proposal for buying precision ag equipment.

Has, anyone ever created a proposal for purchasing "Autosteer" and other equipment to be presented to their bosses. A neighbor, who manages a midsized farm for a group of out of state investors, is trying to convince the owners to purchase an "autosteer" platform for their planter tractors.

They are all ready in the process of updating their planter equipment, and I mentioned that they should go the "auto steer" route over rowmarkers. Currently they are pricing out a 24r20 1790 for corn and beans, and a 30' or 36'1990 for wheat and double-crop beans. So by eliminating the row markers on both pieces at roughly 8-9,000 dollars apiece, the savings could go along ways towards the "autosteer".

Currently, I have RTK on my farm, and have very little trouble with terrain interference, and my neighbor asked if they could use our signal. What would be a fair price for allowing them to use my signal? The farm has a lot of prime hunting ground, that they allow me to use, so I'm not looking to charge a lot. I had $800/year in mind, so I would essentially be giving them RTK accuracy for the price of SF2.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)