AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for IACSR or other GS2 smart ppl.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SaptonAcres
Posted 4/4/2007 13:37 (#130932)
Subject: Question for IACSR or other GS2 smart ppl.

Hazelridge, Mb
I see from a post below you are an AMS rep and seem able to get some answers to tough setup questions. I have another couple of questions for you on the GS2 rate controller.

Can it be used in a 9520 to apply liquid fertilizer while seeding. What
I want to do is set-up the liquid caddy with Raven hardware, and bypass the need to have a Raven console and FD connect cable.

Can the GS2 rate controller be run in conjuction with another application type, or does it need to be run in a "sprayer" application use only? If so, could it then be used to apply liquid fertilizer when fall banding with a chisel plow in a "sprayer" mode?

I have talked with my local AMS rep in Winnipeg, MB and he seems to think that I can't, as there might be conflict issues in trying to use it for 2 different application methods.

Also, from the Hagie post below, you say that you can fool the system and use it in a SP sprayer. From what I know the Maverick sprayer doesn't have a CAN system, you think you can use the GS2 rate controler and replace the Raven console. I already have the GS2 displays and use FD connect in our Maverick Sprayer.

( http://www.radinter.com/gregson/eng/products.html in case you wonder what kind of machine I'm talking about) .

If you require more background info on what I would like to do, please email me

[email protected]

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)