AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for IACSR or other GS2 smart ppl.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gsman
Posted 4/4/2007 22:32 (#131178 - in reply to #130932)
Subject: RE: Question for IACSR or other GS2 smart ppl.

SE North Dakota
I just set up a "new" chemical caddy for pre plant herbicides for pulling behind my field cultivator. I used Raven flowmeter, servo valve, boom shutoff valves (3), and wiring harnesses. Used a 6' Raven harness to hook the flowmeter, servo, and boom valves together, that leads up to the hitch pin on the caddy. I ran a 24' Raven extension harness across the field cultivator from the caddy to the tractor. I did not need to use the console harness as the GS2 rate controller harness will plug right into the Raven extension harness on the cultivator. I mounted the GS2 rate controller box on the tractor, as I will be using this for both my chem caddy and my Summers sprayer. That way I can just plug into the implement at the hitch pin and go. I went through the configuration test in the GS2 and it moved all the valves and said it was succesful. Also, swath control will be nice to have, (no more forgetting to flip the switch). It has been too cold here to put some water in and test it. I don't know if there will be any issues with documentation, I hope not. With 6" of snow here yesterday, and temps not to be above freezing for a few days, we are in a hold pattern for now. Hope this helps and I am not rambling too much.

Kyle

Edited by gsman 4/4/2007 22:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)