AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variety locator in Case Combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hardietack
Posted 3/10/2010 22:36 (#1114642)
Subject: Variety locator in Case Combine

SE ND
So we went to a Red combine (8120) for the tracks last fall. Had been running a 9870. Like the combine but really really miss variety locator on the combine. Had been planning on adding an Insight to the machine for next year to do the yield monitoring with variety locator and running everything else (auto steer) etc with the Pro 600-Trimble 262-Nav2. Now with the Ag Leader-Trimble breakup i'm not sure exactly what to do. Have some questions... All i need to yield monitor in a 2010 year 8120 is the right harness to connect the Insight to the yield-moisture sensors correct? Anyone know what that harness costs? Is there a module-unlock necessary to make an Insight do yield monitoring or do they all do it if attached to the yield sensors. I'm assuming the factory Case yield sensors are still going to be Ag Leader.

Or should i be thinking of going a completely different way and buying an Ag Leader system with the Paradyme receiver and Integra screen and doing my Autosteering and Yield monitoring completely from the Ag Leader system. I would also use this system in the summer on a sprayer and in the spring with a Terra Gator. Will this system interface with the Case Accuguide ready combine. I'm assuming i won't need the Trimble Nav 2 controller with this setup because of the breakup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)