AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 3010 Clutch Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

catfarmer
Posted 1/11/2010 20:27 (#1017526)
Subject: JD 3010 Clutch Problem

Central Indiana
Several years ago I got a JD 3010 Utility gas (with synchro) that I intended to fix up. Although the engine is good, there are a number of minor problems that I was working on as I got the time. Unfortunately, the last 2 years I wasn't able to do much on it. I did periodically run the engine, but I didn't drive it around. My problem is this: I can't depress the clutch pedal (It only moves about 1/2"). Since this tractor sits outside under a tarp, I'm assuming the pressure plate has probably rusted - is this a correct assumption?

When the weather warms up, I plan on trying MSB's advise I found on another site: "Remove the timing hole cover and squirt some penetrating oil on the clutch operating pins. You will have to take a long screwdriver and roll the clutch around to get all the pins doused. I suppose its possible that your 4010 got missed , but there was a service bulletin and a field modification on 3010 and 4010 clutches back in about 62 or 63. The bulletin told what size to redrill the pressure plate as Deere in their original design didn't allow for some rust forming. Not sure now, but I believe we bored them out to 13/16".

Are there any other tips or tricks for getting the clutch free?

Thanks
Jack
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)