AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Me and the PF Advantage.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 10/22/2009 07:29 (#894275)
Subject: Me and the PF Advantage.........

Central Kansas
I don't know who is more frustrated.....me or the PF Advantage....LOL. I do know know the PF is alot smarter than me. The other day I started on the soybeans. With the weather like it has been and getting late with lots of acres to go, and no weigh wagon readily availble, did a load and measured weigh was 24,845 lbs. Scale ticket showed 27,800 lbs.....did the calibration and entered the scale ticket weigh and nothing changed......in other words, the yeild did not increase on that load. I might not have pushed the "Preform Cal " button....can't remember (told you the PF was smarter than me).....anyway for 2 days the moniter was showing about 5 to 8 precent under the yield that I came up with by using the old man made method of bin capacity versa acres cut.

Got rained out yesterday and after re-reading the book, "played" with the PF again...went back to that load.....entered everything again and for sure, pressed the "Preform Cal" button this time...now the measure weigh has changed to 27,230 lbs. How could this have changed or was this part of the calibration? After doing this, the yield increased to about where it should have been for them 2 days.

Keep in mine that this is only the second time I've attempted to calibrate the PF. Did it for corn about a month ago and when everything was done, the PF was only off by 1 bushel on the field yield.

My question is it safe to assume that I DID NOT press the "Preform Cal" button the other day and this is why the moniter showed 5 to 8 precent under the actual yield and this is why the measured weigh changed yesterday?

I'm not that frustrated that I will shut it off...just have alot to learn and try to remember. It kinda fun to watch the yeild and moisture change as you are going through the field.

Edited by trakman 10/22/2009 07:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)