AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help please! 4630 hydraulic/transmission issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jdtank122
Posted 4/18/2024 20:12 (#10711963)
Subject: Help please! 4630 hydraulic/transmission issue

Georgia
Was disking today with my John Deere 4630 tractor and 220 John Deere disk. Heard what I thought sounded like i ran some over metal with the disc. Couldn’t hear great because I had earbuds in. Anyways immediately I pressed the clutch in and shifted to neutral. Got out of the cab looked behind the disc, couldn’t find any metal. Tractor was idling like it should. Got back in the cab to start back disking and I had nothing. I put the lever in B 2 (quadrange) and let off the clutch and nothing happened? Tractor didn’t even budge, Then noticed I had lost steering, 3pt hitch and clutch/brakes seemed spongey. Engine sounded normal. Got off and checked the front pump shaft to make sure it was turning, it was. After a few minutes I shut the tractor Down. Anyways it’s been a few months since I checked the sump filter(last time it was pretty clogged) so I pulled it this evening and it was almost completely clogged. Mainly looked like gunk although I did see 2 very small pieces of metal. Got it cleaned up good planning to put it back in the am. Feels like a long shot. Does this sound like a hydraulic pump failure or something in the transmission? I had 0 issues with the hydraulics before I stopped. No chatter no cavitation, nothing. Wouldn’t a somewhat clogged filter show signs before it’s completely clogged? Not a big mechanic so need all the help I can get , thank you!

Edited by Jdtank122 4/18/2024 20:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)