AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Round Baler Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oldbob
Posted 12/3/2022 14:51 (#9963329)
Subject: John Deere Round Baler Question

West Cental Arkansas
I posted yesterday about buying new belts for my John Deere 530 round Baler. This Baler is getting close to 40 years old, if not already there. I am the second owner. It is a super straight old Baler.

The reason I posted about buying new belts is the belts are the original ones that came on it when new. They have no tears in them and do not break at the laces.

Last couple of years it is hard to get a bale of hay started if the hay is dry, short, or long stemmed. I can wait til the next morning while the hay still has part of the nighttime dew on it and it will bale like it was brand new. This was never a problem before but has become more and more of a nuisance as time goes on.

My thinking was getting new belts would be that there would be no wear on the diamond shaped design on the belts.

Is my problem of being difficult to start a bale due to worn belts or do I have another problem?

One of the responses I got yesterday was if the belts aren’t torn or breaking there is no reason to buy new belts.

This response got me to thinking maybe I don’t need new belts.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

One of the responses
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)